- Broccoli - 1 Small or 1/2 Medium sized
- Cabbage - 1/4 portion.
- Tomato - 1 Medium
- Salt - As required
- Oil - 2 Tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 Tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 Tsp or a pinch
- Curry leaves - Few
- Sesame Seeds - 2 Tsp
- Groundnut/Peanut (without skin) - 2 Tsp
- Grated Coconut - 3 Tsp
- Red chilli whole - 3 Nos
- Heat 1 Tsp of oil in a pan and roast sesame seeds, peanuts and red chilli until golden brown. Switch off the stove and add coconut and fry for sometime.
- Allow it to cool.
- Grind the above and keep it aside.
- Cut the vegetables into small pieces.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add curry leaves, turmeric powder and tomato and saute for sometime.
- Add the cut vegetables and close the lid.
- Allow it to cook. Do not add water. Stir frequently.
- Once the vegetables get cooked, add the ground paste and salt.
- Fry for sometime and remove from stove.
- Broccoli - Rich in protein, Iron, Calcium