- Capsicum - 4
- Green chillies - 2
- Garlic pods - 2-3 medium
- Jeera - 1-2 tspn
- Tamarind water - 3 tbsp
- Oil - 2-3 tspn
- Salt to taste
- 1.Heat oil in a pan and add green chillies, capsicum and close with the lid.
- 2.Let them cook on slow flame.
- 3.Remove from the fire once they become soft (Takes roughly 7 min).Remember,….don’t overcook them.
- 4.In a mixie, add garlic pods, above softened capsicum + green chillies , jeera, tamarind water, salt. Grind them.
- 5.Serve with hot rice
For tempering :
- 1.Heat 1 tspn of oil in a pan , add red chillies(Check the spice level of the chutney once , since we have already added green chillies during frying.), 1 tspn of urad dal + Chana dal, jeera-1/2-1 tspn, mustard seeds-1/2 tspn.
- 2.When mustard seeds splutter add curry leaves - 10 no. , coriander leaves (optional).
- 3.Add this mixture to the chutney.