- Poha / Beaten Rice / Atukulu, thick variety - 1 cup
- Boiled Milk - 1/2 lit
- Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Cashews and Raisins - handful
- Ghee for roasting
- Cardamom powder a pinch
How to make:
- Wash and drain the Poha in water. After couple of minutes, roast the poha in ghee till it turns to light colour.
- In another pan, boil the milk. Simmer it for couple of minutes.
- Now add the roasted poha to the boiling milk, simmer for 5 mins. Mix well and then add the sugar, continue cooking in sim till the sugar melts.
- Roast the nuts in a pan. Add the roasted nuts to the payasam, along with cardamom powder
- Serve hot.