- Channa Dal- 1 to 2 cup
- Maida- 1 or 2 cup
- Jaggery- 1 or 1/2 cup
- Cardamoms powdered- 5 to 7
- Ghee- 1 cup
- Oil- 1 or 2 tsp
- Water- needed
- Salt- little
- Turmeric powder - little
- 1. Soak the Channa dal for 5 to 6 hours
- 2. Cook the channa dal till it becomes soft. Drain the water & keep aside until the dal should become dry.
- 3. Add jaggery to the cooked dal and keep in slow Fire for 4 to 5 minutes to allow the water to evaporate. Put cardamom powder to the mixture. Keep aside for cooling. Then grind the mixture to fine paste. Prepare a ball of this and keep in a plate.
- 4.Prepare a soft dough of maida ( with water and little salt, and oil and turmeric powder)
- 5.Take the dough and wrap it in a small round size.keep the above paste ball, fold the dough all sides and cover the paste completely.
- 6. Then press this dough slowly in a flour both sides, and gently roll out.( while wrapping if it sticks use a little flour it and then roll it.)
- 7. Put the poli on the pan, roast the both sides then put the ghee on the both sides.