1 cup Basmati Rice
1 medium Carrot,peeled finely chopped
10-12 French Beans,finely chopped
1 small Capsicum,finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh/frozen Green peas
2-3 tbsp Cabbage,finely chopped
1 large Onion,finely chopped
1 large Tomato,finely chopped
1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1/2 tsp Home made Garam masala or 1 tsp store bought Garam masala
1/2 tsp roasted Cumin powder
3/4 tsp Red chili powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 Bay leaf
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves,to garnish
1 1/2 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Ghee/Butter
- Wash and soak rice for 10 mins.Cook it in rice cooker or pressure cooker with 2 cups of water until done.gently fluff it with fork and spread it on a wide plate to cool completely.
- Heat oil and ghee/butter together in a thick kadai/pan and crackle cumin seeds.Add bay leaf and fry for half a minute.
- Add chopped onions and fry until they turn translucent.Add ginger-garlic paste and fry well for a minute.
- Now add finely chopped carrots,french beans and green peas and fry them for 2 mins and cover it cook on low flame for 4-5 mins until they are half cooked and taste still crunchy.
- Add cabbage,tomato and capsicum and fry again for 2-3 mins.You should maintain the crunch of all the vegetables.Let the tomato become slightly mushy.
- Add turmeric powder,red chili powder,garam masala and coat the vegetables with the masalas and fry for a minute.
- Add the cooked and cooled rice and enough salt and gently mix so that the rice would not break.Mix and let it cook for 2-3 mins on low flame,stir it occasionally.
- Now add chopped coriander and mix well.