Ingredients for Chegodilu (crispy rice flour rings)
2 cups Rice powder
2 cups water
1 tea spoon salt
1 tea spoon of red chilli powder (optional)
1 tea spoon ajwain (carom seeds)
1 tea spoon til (Sesame)
2 table spoons of moong dal (soaked in water for an hour)
Oil for deep fry
1 table spoon of desi ghee
- Water being boiled with salt and moong dal
- Boil 2 cups of water in a pan. Add salt, chilli powder and soaked moong dal. Boil for few mins. and add a tea spoon of ghee to it.
- Rice powder added to the boiled water
- Add the rice powder, mix well and cover the pan with a lid . Switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Add Carom seeds and sesame. Mix and knead well. Make a smooth dough without any lumps.
- Apply ghee to your fingers. Take a small lemon size ball of the dough and roll between your palms to form a thick rope (you can see in the above pic.) Bring the two ends together to form a ring. In the same manner prepare the remaining chegodis too.
- Heat Oil in a pan and deep fry the chegodis until golden color in a medium flame. Drain on a kitchen paper and store in a airtight container.